Category Archives: castles for sale

Sandpiper Cottage ,Ireland

Sandpiper cottage,Mannin, Ballyconneely,Clifden,
Co Galway, Ireland

Sandpiper Cottage is a truly unique property with breathtaking views
over Mannin Bay
and a minutes walk from the white sands of Mannin Beach.
Offering complete privacy this is the ultimate holiday retreat.
Approached by a long winding driveway the stone clad residence stands
majestically on elevated grounds which extend to 5 acres.

The house has been designed to optimize the views with a
large picture window in the Kitchen-Dining area.
Sliding doors lead onto a large decked patio from the Master Bedroom .
Accommodation includes four bedrooms, Livingroom,
Kitchen-Dining area and Bathroom.
Adjacent to the residence is a stone clad garage.

Whether looking for a year-round residence or a part-time retreat,
Sandpiper Cottage is an exceptional and altogether unique property
one more often seen in dreams than in reality.
It provides total privacy and unspoiled, peaceful
surroundings.
Sandpiper Cottage is but a short drive from Clifden or
Roundstone

www.myirishescape.com

Framlingham Castle available to rent

English Heritage is searching for tenants for what was once The Great Hall of Framlingham Castle, the Suffolk residence of several English Kings and Queens.

The Red House is on the market for just £850 per month.

A two-bedroom flat in London’s Mayfair will cost you the same amount per week.

But the availability of the key to The Red House is an incredible opportunity to live inside a piece of genuine English history.

Framlingham Castle was built by Roger Bigod, the 1st Earl of Norfolk, between 1117 and 1200, to replace his father’s timber fort which Henry II destroyed.

The Red House was converted from The Great Hall into a poorhouse in 1729.

DS MAX PROPERTIES

DS MAX SERENITY is a luxury apartment, located at Silk board Junction near to Mahindra Showroom. It has G+3 with 3 BHK. Here dimensions available are 1400 sqft to 1600 sqft costing 48.98lacs to 56.98lacs.
To view more projects take time to log into our website: www.dsgroupworld.in
OR
Copy the link mentioned below.
http://dsgroupworld.in/properties/bangalore/ds-max-serenity

DS MAX PROPERTIES -FLAT FOR SALE/ BANAGALORE/INDIA

DS MAX SYMPHONY is a luxury apartment located in Marathalli near turbarahalli bus stop. It has G+4 floors with 2/3 BHK. Here dimension available are 900sqft to 1700sqft costing 24.98Lacs to 44.98Lacs.

To view more projects take time to log into our website: www.dsgroupworld.in
OR
Copy the link mentioned below
http://dsgroupworld.in/properties/bangalore/ds-max-symphony

The Parsonage , Dunmore

The Parsonage is set in fully 15 acres of its own land, sheltered by mature woodland and surrounded by open countryside. There are spectacular views to the north over the Firth of Forth to the hills beyond.

The house has a highly accessible situation mid way between Edinburgh and Glasgow. It is near the pivot of the motorway network of central Scotland, being only 4 miles from the junction of the M876 and the M9. Edinburgh and Glasgow (and their airports) are both within daily commuting distance.

Stirling is only 8 miles away and Perth and Dundee are both within 60 miles. The new bridge over the Forth at Kincardine is only 3 miles away and gives greatly improved access to Fife. There are also good rail connections from Falkirk which has commuter services to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling and Perth.

Airth (1 mile) is the local village which has a local shop, post office and primary school. Airth Castle Hotel on the far side of the village has its own leisure club with a swimming pool, gym, sauna, fitness classes, bar and dining facilities. There is a golf driving range off the main road close to the gates of the hotel.

Stirling, is the major town of central Scotland. In the middle ages Stirling was the seat of the Kings of Scotland and the town is famous for William Wallace who fought the English at Stirling in the 13th century. The modern day town provides a full range of shops, schools and services including a Tesco and also has a golf club, cinema and swimming pool. Bridge of Allan 3 miles beyond is home of Stirling University and also has a leisure centre and the MacRobert Arts Centre with a theatre and cinema and a prep school (Beaconhurst).

Private schools in the area include Dollar Academy (10 miles), which takes both girls and boys as boarders or day pupils, and Beaconhurst at Bridge of Allan. Strathallan, Morrison’s Academy, Glenalmond, Craigclowan (preparatory) and Kilgraston (girls only) are all within 40 miles. All the private schools, universities and colleges of Edinburgh and Glasgow are also within easy reach.

As well as being conveniently placed for the amenities and towns of central Scotland, The Parsonage is also well placed for access to the highlands to the north. The A84 from Stirling is a main route into the Highlands leading to Callander and onto Loch Earn, Crianlarich, Fort William and Oban. The Trossachs and Loch Lomond to the west are also within easy reach. There are therefore opportunities for many outdoor activities including climbing, hill walking, water sports, fishing, shooting and stalking. Gleneagles Hotel with its leisure club and golf courses is only 25 miles away.

Description

The Parsonage is a magnificent period mansion house which dates from 1863 and was originally built as the parsonage for the neighbouring Dunmore Estate.

The house has a traditionally Scottish appearance with impressive façades to both the north and south. It is built of stone under steep pitched slate roofs, with large bay windows on the ground floor and pitched dormer windows on the first floor. There is an enclosed courtyard to the rear of the house with a substantial garage / outhouse adjoining.

The main accommodation of the house is reached off a large central hallway with matching stairways at either end. The reception rooms off this hall are well proportioned and of a manageable size. They include a drawing room, a dining room, two sitting rooms and an informal dining room. An inner corridor leads to a flower room and a study and continues to the large kitchen / breakfast room beyond. This room is in the heart of the house and is one of the most impressive modern features with its Aga, central work unit, period style dressers and large breakfast area with French doors to both the garden and the courtyard. Further storage and utility rooms adjoin the kitchen. A corridor from the kitchen leads to an integral staff flat which comprises a sitting room, kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms. Adjoining the kitchen stores is has been converted into a playroom with a galleried first floor above.

The first floor accommodation is served by two stairways from the reception hall and by two landings. The master bedroom suite is off the south landing and comprises a master bedroom with a dressing room and bathroom. There are seven further bedrooms in all and three further bathrooms or shower rooms, two of which are en suite.

Gardens And Grounds

To the west of the house is a paved courtyard enclosed by high wrought iron gates set in stone pillars.

In front of the house, to the north and east, is a large area which is laid down to lawns interspersed with rhododendrons and mature trees. The main garden is to the south of the house where there is a large paved patio with the formal garden beyond. This garden continues around to the west of the house, with flower beds and a central urn.

On the east side of the garden, behind banks of rhododendrons, is a five acre enclosed paddock.

CASTLE OF CARBONANA

CASTLE OF CARBONANA sits on top of a hill, enclosed by a beautiful cypress park. It is located in Umbria, in between Gubbio and Umbertide, and is surrounded by green rolling hills.

Often called the “Green Heart of Italy”, Umbria is a beautiful countryside area of rolling forested hills, meadows covered with flowers, olive groves, lakes and deep valleys. The landscape of Umbria is dotted with many picturesque medieval villages, and the people of the area are known for their distinctive cuisine, friendliness and hospitality. This wonderful, tranquil region offers visitors a gorgeous, clean, natural environment, as well as medieval art and architecture, and many sites of historical interest in the countryside.

The property comprises approximately 20 hectares which corresponds to about 50 acres of land. It has a small vineyard, olive grove and some fruit trees. The building is not protected by the Ministry for Cultural heritage, nonetheless is one of the best preserved castles in the area.

Castello Carbonana was probably built in the 5th century as a military signal post during the period when the Senate was in Rome and the Emperor resided in Ravenna and the main tower of the castle dates from this time. In the 10th century the Templar order rebuilt the smaller tower, which is the jagged part on the front of the castle.

The round tower was built in the 12th century and at that time the abbot was given the title of Count of Carbonana.

A painting of Castello Carbonana – dated to 1495 – appears on a large wall map in a corridor that leads from the Vatican museum to the Sistine Chapel.

The building as it stands now, completed with the roofed sections, was completed in the 14th century and has 37 rooms. In the 13th and 14th century it belonged to counts Porcelli who had to flew the castle in 1315 as the city of Gubbio was ruled by the adverse party. In 1576 the duchy of Urbino granted the count of Carbonana hunting rights over a large territory.

Purchased by a Canadian businessman in late ‘60s, the castle has not been lived in for some years and needs now some maintenance and refurbishing works to get back in full to its magnificence.

The covered surface is roughly 1.350 sqm (13.500 square feet), plus the inner courtyard and all the terraces. The castle is squared shaped with an inner courtyard where a high tower arises; The tower is still accessible via a ladder up until the very top, where a breathtaking view will hit the visitor.

On 4 levels, of which 2 lie underneath the inner courtyard, the building is split into 5 interconnected units; the main apartment on the ground floor is in fairly good condition, the remaining part needs a restoration and a refreshening. The castle also contains wine cellars, dungeons, tower rooms, and a small chapel, still accessible.

Plumbing and wiring are installed throughout the castle but need to be updated to latest standards.

At short distance from the castle there is also a detached old stone-house on 2 levels, for approximately 350 sq m.

Perfect for a redevelopment project or for a luxury tourist resort.

Castles for sale newsletter

Each year there is only a small number of castles for sale in the UK. A number of
castles in Scotland have come on the market in recent years
. Further afield in Europe castles in France Spain and
Slovakia have come on the market .

Castles newsletter
Get our Scottish castles for sale newsletter on Yahoo to get up-to-date information about the
latest properties on the market . Securing the finance for the deal is essential . The mortgage industry is very
competitive and there are a lot of good deals available .
With over 300 visitors a day this website is one of the busiest luxury property websites online . If you have a historical property
, listed building or castle for sale this site is the
perfect place to sell it online . A property advert is
£50 on a property valued at £100,000 or less and
your property is advertised until it is sold . Join our
castles for sale mailing list to get information about
castles on the market as soon as they are released .

Knoppenburg Manor for sale

Knoppenburg Manor Selling price 2.7 million euros , approx £1.8 million or $3.2 million .Due to the location and the total estate size at Knoppenburg Manor it could be a unique commercial opportunity or a hotel or leisure centre . Detailed plans of the estate and buildings at Knoppenburg are available on request. Horse enthusiasts can take advantage of the Manor’s stables and agricultural land. A riding hall granted with building approval poses the opportunity to provide a further character to the property. Knoppenburg is one of a small number of historical properties for sale each year.

“Knoppenburg Manor for sale ” The famous “Galopprennbahn” in Cologne as well as the Duesseldorf race track are only a short trot away. Also within easy reach are the Paris race tracks of Longchamp, Chantilly and Maison Lafitte to name but a few. Everything is realizable – whether condominiums, horse farm, center for service providers – a central location in Europe and in the middle of nature: Ideal conditions for residing, operating or simply enjoying. Castlesofscotland.com now offers free property listings for suitable luxury properties

Torres Vedras farm

Beautiful farm placed inside the forest

Region: Estremadura / Silver Coast

Localization: Torres Vedras surroundings

Total plot area: approx. 30.000m2

Total construction area: approx. 500m2

10 minutes driving time to the city

15 minutes driving time to the golf courses

15 minutes driving time to the beach

10 minutes driving time to the main A8 motorway

20 minutes to Lisbon airport

Construction year: 1944 (refurbished on 1989)

Type: Farm with 4 buildings

Main House: (318m2 on 2 floors)

1st floor:

Fully furnished kitchen with appliances

Living Room with open fire place

Dinning room

Library

Bathroom

2nd floor:

4 Bedrooms

Bathroom

Large Balcony

Guest’s house: (60m2)

Living room

2 Bedrooms

American kitchen

Bathroom

House for the staff: (44m2 on 2 floors)

Kitchen

Dinning room

Living room

Bedroom

Bathroom

House on the forest: (48m2)

Living room with open fire place

Kitchen

Bedroom

Bathroom

Features:

Horse arena (450m2, covered)

Boxes (7) – includes 1 horse, 1 pony, 1 donkey

Kennel

Chicken coop

Greenhouse in glass (English style, 80m2)

Carport

Well

Artesian hole

Hayloft (150m2)

Little river

Agent’s personal opinion:

Peaceful area, in the middle of a beautiful forest

Excellent exposure to the sun

Unique – Very well located!

Excellent investment!

Bed and Breakfast potential!

Possibility to build wood houses for rentals!

The farm is fully equipped, including furniture.

Leys Castle estate

The historic, 3,173-acre Leys Castle estate near Inverness, with its Category A-listed, Tudor Gothic castle built by Samuel Beazley for Col John Baillie in 1833. It has spectacular views over the city, the Moray Firth, the Black Isle and beyond. The original Leys estate was owned from 1712 to 1885 by the Baillie family, important local landowners who moved in the upper echelons of Highland society. In 1926, it was bought by Sir Francis Walker, who acquired more land from the Baillies of nearby Dochfour, including the farms of Balmore, Balvonie, Newton, Braeton and the Black Wood-all part of the estate now being sold by his descendants.

Sir Francis was a man of vision and energy, and an Olympic sportsman. He had the cellars opposite the basement removed and the lawn on the north side of the castle lowered to create properly lit lower-ground accommodation for staff. In 1928, he created the terraced lawns and arboretum, and a huge outdoor, Olympic-size swimming pool, which was fed by fresh water from the water garden, and used by the family for swimming, boating, curling and ice-skating until the early 1970s. At about the same time, he built a model steading at Leys Home Farm to house his famous herd of native rare-breed and Highland cattle, which is also for sale.

The family moved out during the Second World War, when the castle was requisitioned as a military hospital, and only moved back in 1958, when Sir Francis had completed a full restoration programme. Today, the accommodation comprises a main reception hall, six ground-floor reception rooms, a kitchen, a billiard room and staff quarters on the lower-ground floor, and eight bedrooms and four bathrooms on the first floor. Other estate houses include the six-bedroom Grange, built in 1860, and 10 cottages.